ChartFast is a leading provider of medical record retrieval, release of information, data management and analysis services to health plans, provider organizations, and healthcare vendor services nationwide. We provide a first-of-its-kind two-way network allowing health plans and providers to seamlessly gather necessary medical records for HEDIS, RAC, RADV, Medicare Advantage, Quality, or any audit or other purpose, via our cloud-based platform. Our proprietary technology facilitates the exchange of medical information; resulting in reduced friction, greater transparency into data, and reduced cost.
ChartFast is currently seeking qualified professionals for a Remote ROI Specialist to process medical record requests for facilities across the United States.
This position is 100% remote and can be anywhere in the United States.
This is an entry level position responsible for processing all release of information (ROI), specifically medical record requests, in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing customers with the highest quality product and customer service.
- Processes all incoming requests for information for assigned facilities and assists with telephone inquiries in a timely manner.
- Provides on-site coverage at client facilities on an as needed basis.
- Validates requests and authorizations for release of medical information according to established procedures and HIPAA guidelines.
- Completes release of information requests including retrieving patient’s medical charts and returning charts, copying/scanning medical records accurately and correctly, according to requests, established procedures, and established standards of quality and productivity;
- Performs quality checks on all work to ensure the accuracy of the release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
- Maintains equipment in excellent operating condition (inside and out) and troubleshoot equipment issues with assistance from the Help Desk department. Provides excellent customer service by being attentive, respectful and professional at all times; ensures understanding of customer request and follows through as promised; being proactive in identifying and addressing client concerns, or problems.
- Demonstrates helpful and effective telephone etiquette and customer service skills by providing appropriate information to callers.
- Maintains a neat, clean, and professional personal appearance and observes the dress code established by the Company or the client facility.
- Maintains working knowledge of the current state laws regarding fee structure, and HIPAA regulations as well as facility policies and procedures in regards to release of information.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality as scheduled. Notifies Manager, Operations and/or Supervisor if unable to adhere to daily schedule. Records all accurate work hours in the Company’s designated time keeping system daily and adheres to the Company’s overtime policy and procedures for requesting time off or change in schedule.
- Works within scope of position and direction; willingly accepts assignments and is available to take on additional client facilities and assist with ROI backlogs.
- Performs responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s and client facilities policies and procedures and state and federal labor regulations and works to minimize confidentiality breaches.
- Maintains confidentiality, information security and ethical behavior when handling all Company and medical records information during transport, storage and disposal. Will not remove medical records information from client site unless written authorization is provided by the facility’s HIM Director, Company Manager and/or Supervisor and Vice President of Operations.
- Attends and participates in required educational training sessions and staff meetings as scheduled and assigned.
- Ability to adapt to change and respond to difficult and challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Accepts new assignments willingly to meet business needs.
- Communicates with Manager on an on-going basis, providing information and data as requested including clients changing needs and requests.
- Promptly reports to Manager any customer service concerns and/or any potential HIPAA violations whether actual or perceived.
- Informs Manager of site or work difficulties, special project requests from facility, and fluctuating volume in daily workload.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently utilize a computer for data input, retrieval of data and all other tasks associated with release of information services and time reporting.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, organize workload and prioritize work tasks to meet production goals.
- Maintains a current and valid drivers license and ensures personal automobile insurance is in force and will be maintained, in at least the amounts required by state law, on any automobile or transportation that is use in connection with Company duties.
- Checks the Companys and other assigned email and communication systems an client assigned email on a daily basis. Utilizes assigned tools within established guidelines. Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Will provide onsite coverage for area facilities on an as needed basis
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Medical Release of Information experience is required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
- Administrative experience in an office setting; medical records, or other related experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
- Proven customer service experience and/or training.
- Ability to effectively use computer software and technology as required by the client facility including Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to understand and become knowledgeable of Release of Information standards, policies & procedures and HIPAA regulations and to complete work in compliance of these and other standards.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple, healthcare terminology
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills a must
- Ability to use fax, copier, microfilm machine, and multiine phone system and other required work tools
- Must have in-home access to wifi/internet